Monday, January 09, 2006

Papa

Chad, Summer, and Ava are living with us until they can move into their place next month. It is a delight to have them with us, and an especial joy to have the happy, healthy grandbaby in the house. She calls me "Papa." When I see her after a short absence she waves and says "hi Papa!" I say "hi Ava." Then she repeats "hi Papa." She will continue to repeat this until I somehow change the pattern. One day I continued to respond with "hi Ava" just to see how long it would go. I gave up after about a dozen "hi Papas." Usually when Summer or Chad brings Ava into the kitchen for breakfast I am sitting in the Morris chair writing in my journal, but I was not there this morning. Sandra told me that Ava waved at the chair anyway and said "hi Papa." What a precious young person.

4 Comments:

Blogger JENNY said...

Ava is definitely precious. I'm sure it's been fun having them around more. Our time in Brownwood was too short. I already miss all of you guys!

January 09, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

She loves her K-Papa! I'm so glad that they are in Abilene and so easily accessible! Ava's laughter and happiness is contagious!

January 10, 2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger jkreggp said...

Chris - I had not heard of this trail. I definately think I should go try it out.

January 10, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger kendanley said...

You're a blessed man, my friend. And evidently, your spirit continues to bless others even in your absence.

January 26, 2006 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home