Monday, October 03, 2005

Longboard

I purchased a new skateboard over the weekend. Got it at a local bike/skate shop where one of my students works. It's called a longboard, and unlike most skateboards it is designed specifically for riding in the streets. It stands about waist high and has wider trucks and softer wheels than a traditional skateboard. (For you non-skaters "trucks" are the metal apparatus which attach the axels and wheels to the board.) It is a far cry from the skateboard I had when I was ten, which was a metal skate nailed to a two by four. Saturday evening I rode the board for about an hour up around ACU and let me tell you - it's pretty sweet. * I realize some people may worry that I am having a mid-life crisis, but there is no cause for concern. A mid-life crisis is where tell your boss to shove it and then you buy a convertable and hit the road. This longboard is just another way I have found for having fun and getting a little exercise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I think it's cool that you got a longboard, and I bet your students think it's cool too. I'm not worried about you having a mid-life crisis because you've done so many things over the years that would be considered weird or abnormal by the world's standards for a man of your age. This is just another one to add to the list!

October 03, 2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

I would love to see you crusing around campus on a longboard! You are a free spirit, and I have always loved and admired that about you. (Well, with the exception of 8th grade when all I wanted to do was fit in and not stand out.) You helped me over that struggle though and I'm thankful for your unique perspective on life. I'm glad we'll be closer soon so I can witness the longboarding first hand.

October 03, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

I've got to see this!

October 04, 2005 7:00 AM  
Blogger JENNY said...

RAD

October 04, 2005 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home