Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Prayers

There is a fine young man who came to our house the first time when he was an 8th grader. He used to drop by frequently when he was in high school. Now he is a 2nd Lt. in the United States Marine Corps and is the commander of a platoon which has recently been deployed to Fallujah, Iraq. If you watch the news you know that Fallujah is one of the most dangerous places on the planet. This man is more concerned for his troops than he is for himself. If any of them gets hurt he will suffer emotionally. If he gets hurt I will suffer emotionally. Please pray for his safety and for the safety of his men. * I do not mention his name because I didn't ask his permission to post this. But God knows who he is. * I think that God needs His people everywhere, which includes leading combat platoons in war torn areas. Selfishly speaking, though, I wish He had found some other mission for this polite, gentle, kind person. * I do not understand prayer. I don't think it is exactly like voting or shouting, where someone may pay closer attention to the concerns of fifty people than he will of five, but I am pretty sure that when it comes to prayer - numbers are good. So please, lift this man up.

3 Comments:

Blogger JENNY said...

I will be praying.

September 20, 2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

KP - I appreciate your thoughts on prayer. I have never understood why it is better for more people to pray, or why it might be better to pray the same thing more frequently. Sometimes I feel like I didn't "pray enough". But I guess God knows what is best for us no matter how many or how much.

September 26, 2005 5:43 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

I'm praying too!

September 29, 2005 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home