Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tomorrow: last day on the tel

Last day on the tel tomorrow and I must say I will not miss moving dirt. Everyone was excited because we found the ancient temple floor in two of our squares today, and I tried to get excited about it, but just couldn't. This has been an interesting experience and I am glad I have done it, but three weeks is enough. We will be back at kibbutz at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon, then board a bus for Tel Aviv at three. I plan to catch a bus to Jerusalem and stay there for a few days before returning to the USA. * Many people here upset over the kidnapping of the Israeli soldier and the difficulties this has caused. IDF back in Gaza. * Tonight we had a end-of-session party. I had a good conversation with some Jews (American and Israeli) about the Holocaust, the State of Israel, and the current situation with the Palestinians.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Looking forward to visiting with you about these conversations. Be safe.
Chad

June 28, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

We look forward to seeing you soon. Enjoy your weekend of travels, but please be safe. Sounds like a lot is going in Israel right now. We'll miss you in Brownwood. See you soon!
Love,
Summer

June 28, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Again, I haven't had access to the Internet at home, so I read over several of your last posts. I was concerned when I heard on CNN yesterday about the kidnapping and the return of the IDF in Gaza. Be safe as you travel. Enjoy being on your own schedule and not having to work on the dig! Sounds like you have had many interesting travels and experiences over the last few days. There is so much I don't know about Israel and Palestine. Thank you for bringing much of it into better understanding for me.

The Derby Twins won the first game of the regional tournament at the Lawrence-Dumont field yesterday. We play this afternoon at 3:00 against a Walter-Johnson league team. Brandon is enjoying the team this year and they are playing together well, which makes for a more pleasant experience for everyone!

I look forward to seeing you soon! Love you!

June 29, 2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home