Sunday, June 18, 2006

Jael

Several of the students on this trip are Jewish. One Jewish girl from New York is named Yael. (Pronounced YA el.) She is named after Jael, who Denise told me is a hero to Jewish people. Judges 4. Big battle. Opposing commander trying to escape. Falls asleep in Jael's house. Jael drives a tent stake through his skull and into the ground. This occured near here in the Jezereel valley. * Two booms heard this morning from the direction of the West Bank. I was afraid that perhaps the Israeli airforce had dropped bombs, but I saw no indication of explosions. Jets streaked by. I think they had flown over the West Bank and broken the sound barrier just to annoy the Palestenians. * Hot, hard work digging and hauling dirt. Very similar to the labor I used to do for the Texas Highway Dept., only here tour groups will gather on the bluff above our dig site and watch. Makes you feel like you are doing something important.

1 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

Dad--
Happy Father's Day! I was so sad that I missed your call. I had just laid down to take a short nap, and didn't get up when the phone rang. I was disappointed when I realized that it was you that called the one time I didn't answer the phone! I'm sorry, but hope to catch you next time you call. We love you and are praying for your safety. I hope you're taking lots of pictures because I can't wait to see all the places you've talking about. The history is amazing.
Love you,
Summer

June 18, 2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home